Many years garlic has been used as a food and as a medicine. It is been known to help in fighting heart disease, lower blood pressure, and improve your the system functions; as well as treating a host of other conditions. It is abundant in antioxidants and it can also be eaten raw (for best potency and benefit) or it can be prepared in every meal during the day.
Additional benefits of consuming garlic:
- Helps to prevent Alzheimer’s Disease and Dementia
- Can help reduce fatigue
- Helps reduce weight
- Detoxifies the body
- Works as a natural acne fighter
- Can help to prevent hair loss
- Helps improve bone health
- It’s a natural remedy for athlete’s foot
- Reduces inflammation
Undoubtedly, lots of you are not even aware that the garlic that we buy every day at the grocery store or receive in your meals in the restaurant can actually originate from China. According to the newest report, in 2014 USA imported almost 1/3 of its garlic from China.
This would not have been such a problematic issue, but some of the garlic that is produced in China is toxic. Apart from the quality control that has always been a problem of a great concern; the way of cultivating the imported garlic is very problematic.
Chinese producers use pesticides that are forbidden by law, for boosting their products, and these can have devastating effects on your general health, including parathion and phorate.
Hence, so as to protect your health, you have to eliminate this garlic from your diet, and in order to do that, you need to learn to spot it so as to recognize the toxic garlic cultivated in China.
Namely, next time you go to buy garlic, you need to note these things:
- The home-grown garlic has richer taste than the garlic produced in China.
- If the root and the stem are not removed, then the garlic that you want to buy is safe. Chinese farmers usually remove the roots and the stem to reduce weight and save on shipping.
- The Chinese garlic is lighter and less bulbous than the regular one.
And so, we can conclude that the safest way to enjoy the benefits of the extremely healthy garlic is to buy it from a trusted local farmer or to start growing it on your own.