We must all be aware that no carb diets do not exist. In this article, we’re going to present you some foods and groups of food that aren’t exactly 100% lacking in carbs, but it is considered that under 1g net carbs per serving are almost as good as zero. Always make sure you check the labels on your food before you buy it!
The foods in the vegetable list contain between 0 and 1g net carb per serving even though all the foods do not naturally contain carbohydrates. Meats and seafood should be unprocessed food. When you process certain food, for example, bacon, jerky, ham, burgers etc., you’ve probably added it some carbs.
- Pork rinds (this is an exception to the processed rule!)
- Organ meats
- Heavy cream (very low carbs)
- Most types of cheese
- Sunflower oil
- Sesame oil
- Coconut oil
- Avocado oil
- Olive oil
- Peanut oil
- Corn oil
- Safflower oil
Vegetables (most of them contain between 0 and 1g net carb per serving):
- Chicory family (endive, escarole, radicchio)
- Leafy greens (lettuce, arugula, spinach, Swiss chard, kale, turnip greens, Bok Choy etc.)
- Fresh herbs
- Alfalfa sprouts
- Mustard (avoid honey varieties)
- Vinegar (NOT balsamic)
- Regular (full fat) mayonnaise
- Many types of hot sauce
- Tea (no milk or sugar)
- Diet soda
- Herbal tea
- Drink mix powders (e.g. Crystal Light)
- Coffee (no milk or sugar)
And as an extra bonus, here are some zero carb recipes:
- Pepperoni Chips
- Homemade Chipotle Beef Jerky
- Parmesan Crisps
- Zero Carb Gummy Candies
- Lettuce Steak Wraps
- Italian Baked Chicken Thighs
- Pork Rind Crusted Bacon
- Potted Crab
- BBQ Pork Rinds
SIX TIPS FOR EATING ZERO CARB
Here are some six tips about how you should eat zero carb food!
1) Make sure you eat foods which are only from animal origin like eggs, meat and dairy, because they don’t contain carbs.
2) Eat these products like eggs, dairy and meat until you’re full and make sure you stay full! That will help you not to crave for other things.
3) Make sure you eat enough fat, because it will keep you full and you’ll burst with energy!
4) You must avoid all sweets! Make sure not to eat any and decrease the craving!
5) When you’re thirsty drink water and not juices!Unsweetened tea, Seltzer waters, as well as unsweetened coffee are also in the group of zero-carb drinks. The preference is individual, so make sure you choose whatever works the best for you. Water is the drink we all need the most, so make sure you drink plenty of it throughout the day. The best thing for everyone would be to drink water if you’re thirsty and stop when you’re not.
6) Eat when you feel hungry and don’t count calories! You must also stop eating when you’re not hungry!